4725mag's daily beauty must-haves: our product picks for a tip top complextion
Various sun soaked mini trips have made this a long summer of skin beating. So as the end of summer approaches, I've decided it is time to get serious about my skin care regimen.
I've always worn sunscreen and been strict about removing any make up before bed, so I'm not trying to back track years of facial neglect. However, this year there was been a noticeable difference in how my skin reacted to the sun.
As a child I would tan evenly and look like a little bronzed fat cherub. But the older I get, I've progressively tanned in a more uneven fashion each year. I now just develop large blotches of tan, particularly on my upper lip and chin - which without any concealer can look like I have a fricken 5 o'clock shadow,
After researching how to combat this seemingly common issue, I learned treating it is all in the exfoliation, the right products and lots of sunscreen. And maybe a couple of shade producing new hats too.
I've been on this regime for a few weeks and my skin is becoming much more even in tone, clearer, with smaller pores and less greasy. Dare I say it, I think it's the best my skin has ever looked. I'm in my early 30s and I've finally figured out how to properly look after my face. So here is my nightly routine. And while it looks extensive, it takes about 10 minutes tops.
- This self heating, rich foaming Boscia detoxifying black cleanser is free of parabens and sulfates. It contains detoxifying charcoal that gently draws out impurities and gives this product it's unusual (and awesome) pitch black color. I don't wear heavy make up and this gets off any concealer and BB cream/tinted moisturizer with ease.
- Lastly, I swipe each eye with this wonder eye make up remover by We Love Eyes to rid myself of any pesky mascara. With just three simple and nourishing ingredients, it leaves my lids feeling wonderfully clean and moisturized.
- With still damp skin, I massage a small pea sized amount of Brightening Solution Skin Renewing Peel Wash by Clarisonic into my goatee, sorry - my spots of pigmentation, and then rev up my Mia 2 for 30 seconds to thoroughly exfoliate the problem zone, encouraging faster skin renewal. And just once a week, I use my Clarisonic on my whole face. I've found weekly use is the sweet spot as more frequent use just irritates my more delicate nose, forehead and cheek areas.
Tone & Treat:
- The exfoliation above began the skin renewal process, and the next couple of steps will help extend it. Firstly, I tone the trouble zone with this Peter Thomas Roth Glycolic Acid Toner. Glycolic acid is a queen in aiding skin renewal to help reduce hyperpigmentation, fine lines and minimize scaring.
- Lastly, the moustache and soul patch receive a thin layer of Peter Thomas Roth De-Spot Plus, a potent lightening treatment.
- Now for the fun part, after all that cleansing and scrubbing you get to give your skin a lovely, refreshing drink! Before applying any moisturizer, I generously spritz my face with Glossier Soothing Face Mist. Seduced by the minimal packaging, I bought their Phase 1 Set. While I do really like the moisturizer and the skin tint, I am totally of the age where sunscreen is not an option and neither products contain any SPF. So I use the moisturizer on evenings when I'm heading home from Soulcycle after work and apply the tint only when I have a moisturizer with SPF on underneath. However, I am a total sucker for the Coconut Balm Dotcom, it really is a little vacation in a tube and works fabulously as an ultra nourishing lip balm.
- The final step in this process is the massaging of a generous amount of Josie Maran 100% Organic Argan Oil on my face and dècolletage. I used to use only about a dime sized amount of oil, but I have found that using more actually leaves my skin so much less greasy. I'm now using at least a couple of generous quarter sized pools of oil each night.
- Just to note, I rotate between Dr. Andrew Weil For Origins Mega-Bright SPF 30 underneath Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue and Josie Maran Tinted Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 47 every day or so. Because I wouldn't want to undo all this hard work, would I?!
Post a Comment